In the business of home remodeling, relationships with clients are different than in any other industry. The upmost sensitivity and care is required when working in and on someone else’s home. The process puts the clients in a very vulnerable state and they are at the very mercy of the builder and his team. Unfortunately, the average builder has no recognition and compassion for this fact.
A few days ago I decided to put my philosophies in writing and place them where I can see them every morning upon arrival at the office. These philosophies are ones I’ve held internally as long as I can remember, but had never before actually put them into words. Seeing these beliefs written seems to make them absolute and insoluble.
1. Infuse passion in our work. (We LOVE what we do! Let it show! Excitement is contagious.)
2. Ensure our clients know we care every day in communications and actions. (Let them know they are important to you and your business!)
3. Take time to plan, be efficient and productive. (Rushing costs more in the end.)
4. Make team bonding a priority. (Because we are only as good as or weakest link.)
5. Communicate, communicate, communicate with everyone on the team. (It is how things get done and mistakes are few.)
A happy client = a successful project = positive referrals and repeat business = a healthy business and a happy owner!